Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Did You Know The Man Who Wrote James Bond Also Wrote Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

Did you know the man who wrote James Bond also wrote Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

I was telling my husband this a couple of weeks ago. I forgot how the subject came up, I think he was watching a James Bond show on TV. The one with Lucy Lu. I have seen it before, just forgotten the name.

And then yesterday, on Yahoo!, the biography of the day was on Ian Fleming (the author of James Bond). I wanted to double check myself and what I had told my husband. The article of course talked about him writing the James Bond stories, and then went on to tell how Fleming's life was probably more enviable than his Bond character's. Finally, the last paragraph told me what I wanted to know. Fleming did indeed write Chitty Chitty Bang Bang as well.

No comments: