Saturday, August 18, 2007

Did You Know You Can Teach Your Kid to Drive?

Did you know you can teach your kid to drive?

I have known about home taught driver's ed for a while, but now the time is fast approaching for us to start looking into it. When I was young, we took driver's ed at school, but this is no longer offered in schools (at least not around here) and many homeschool kids needed another option, as private driving schools are very expensive. There are many home taught driving courses available. It seems that first you must register with your state, then you will receive a packet of information and approved home taught driving courses. The instructions to get started will be included in the packet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did teach my kids to drive, back in the days when there was no program for doing it. They learned on the back roads and started at a very young age. When it came time for licensing and testing by the state, driving was old hat to them and the had no problems with the tests. I felt better too, knowing they were taught right.

silken said...

my husband has been teaching my son for most of this year (unofficially). my cousin gave us his old jeep-a standard-so now my son is learning to drive that. he loves it! I hope he will pass the test easily when the time comes.