Friday, August 31, 2007

Did You Know Today Is Blog Day?

Did you know today is Blog Day ?

I didn't even know of such a thing, but my good blogging friend Christine stopped in today pointing out the big event (Thanks!) It is a great way to promote your blogging friends. On Blog Day, each blogger is to choose five of their favorite bloggers to acknowledge to the world. It is hopeful that the bloggers will choose some from different cultures and backgrounds from their own. I have many favorite bloggers, but here are the ones I'd like to share with you on this Blog Day 2007:

1. The blogger who got me started on all this is my good friend (in real life) believin . She has a number of excellent blogs and all are full of thought provoking and fun posts. She is located in Singapore and has an eye on the World. Here is her newest one .

2. Sue lives in Key West but emigrated over from Switzerland. She posts daily photographs from her paradise home. Each and every one is beautiful, a true work of art. I hope one day to make it to Key West and stop by her shop to meet her.

3. Domestik Goddess hails from North of here in Canada. Her blog is full of fun and whimiscal ideas to make a domestic goddess of us all.

4. Irrelevant Cheetah , resides even north of DG in Alaska. He has a unique take on the world and I always get a good laugh from his posts.

5. Kevin 's home is in the UK. What makes Kevin's blog so unique is that he knows just what a dog's life it is. Yes, Kevin is a Collie, the dog with a blog!

I have made many blogging friends from all over the world. I love getting on here and checking out each one's blog. I have gotten to the point where I don't have time to check each one daily, but I always look forward the the times I can pop in and see what's new with each of them.





7 comments:

Unknown said...

I missed it. By the time i read your post it was Sept 1 in New Zealand.

http://kiwiriverman.blogspot.com

huttriver14 on Communati.com

wolf said...

Gotta love memes, eh? Thanks for thinking of me! I managed to post mine before midnight - in Alaska, at least.

domestika said...

Those darned time zones! Me too, Stacey... By the time of your gentle tap on the shoulder, I'd already shut down and moved on to a Friday evening stroll with the hounds... but I do appreciate being the Canadian rep on your list!

Blog Day's a great idea -- I hadn't heard of it before -- because a big part of the fun of doing this whole blogging thing is the chance to discover interesting people from around the world, isn't it?

I do try to link out "globally" as a regular thing, to bloggers and artists in exotic locales from Australia to Zaire, from Bali and Belgium, to Israel and Ireland, from Portugal to Peru, and even the United States! ;)

silken said...

by the time I'd found out about it, I knew it would be "tomorrow" for many of you. But it was fun and always great to promote great bloggers, no matter what the date. thank you all for dropping by and leaving your comments. glad you got yours done wolf!

Holly said...

Maybe every day should be Blog Day??? Ha!

silken said...

of course it is blog day every day isn't it?? :)

Adelante4 said...

First i've heard about blog day, but awesome nonetheless!

Jason from Dog Beds