Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Did you know about Learning English With the Bible?

Did you know about Learning English With the Bible?

I found this grammar workbook at the homeschool store yesterday. I've not ever heard of it or seen it before, but I ended up buying it. (though when I got home I found I could have gotten it cheaper online) This is a very straightforward book. No extras, a plain black and white text, no graphics. The explanations are very simplistic and I like how the passages and phrases are all biblical text. I also like how the student is sent to the bible to see how words and other grammatical forms are used and how they affect the passage, and in turn the reader.

This text will obviously not be for everyone. I have read both positive and negative reviews on it. I think for us, it is going to be a nice addition to our curriculum.

*This book appears to be written for a jr high or above grade level*

No comments: