Friday, August 10, 2007

Did You Know About Color Blindness?

Did you know about color blindness?


Yesterday we took an impromptu trip to the eye doctor. My daughter broke her glasses and it has been almost two years since her last exam, so it was time! While we sat waiting, we enjoyed passing the time reading a trivia chart about eyes. We learned several fascinating things about eyes. For example, I have known that boys are often affected by colorblindness, more so than girls. I know it has to do with their rods and cones. Color blindness does not mean the person cannot see color, just that it is hard to differentiate between certain colors. I have long been convinced my son is color blind. I was surprised to learn yesterday that one out of 12 males are in fact color blind.


No comments: