Saturday, August 25, 2007

Did You Know About Gender Color Associations?

Did you know about gender color associations?

I posted recently about how researchers are trying to show that females prefer the color pink over blue. I cannot say if this is true or not, as I know many females who like pink and many who like blue. I do know that we have come to associate certain colors to each gender. It seems however that this is a transient fashion statement, which has changed throughout the years. I have read before how in the 1800's that blue was "for girls" while pink was "for boys." I could only find another blog posting to back this up. It seems the switch in color preference did not come about until after WWII. We are now seeing a swing back towards the other direction, as we can see in today's newest fashion craze- "real men wear pink".

No comments: