Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Did You Know That Mold Can Grow on Markers?

Did you know that mold can grow on markers? Neither did I. Today I was coloring some pages, preparing for the bible class I will teach this week. I got our stash of markers, which obviously have not been opened in a while. I chose a nice blue color to color the baby's blanket. When I opened the lid, there was a tuft of mold growing on the marker tip! I guess between the moisture of the ink, and our humid climate, the mold had perfect conditions to grow!

8 comments:

sherbert said...

Oh so it happened to you too! A tuft of mold grew around the base of the paintbrush end of a new marker I received. I guess it hadn't been used for a while. Googled this and see it's happened to others.

Unknown said...

I was doing my science project and I found a moldy red marker. I touched it and thought it felt soft so I licked it. Do u think I will die?

Unknown said...

...👌

Unknown said...

Did you die?

Anonymous said...

I did know, but I'm looking for why mold is growing on my nice, new Ohuhu markers especially by day two or three of even having opened them!😬

Unknown said...

I have Ohuhu markers and just found an orange one was molded. Wth?

Unknown said...

Mold is growing inside the new highlighter pens����

Unknown said...

Mine too.I thought it was dirt at first but it two weeks later , I saw the same thing and I was shocked.