Thursday, March 8, 2007

Did You Know the Best Cure for Hiccups?

Did You Know the Best Cure for Hiccups? When I was a kid, I would drink a spoonful of lemon juice. That almost always cured them for me. Now days, I hold my breath and swallow three times. That is my husband's cure for hiccups. It works almost every time for me. Sometimes I have to do it more than once though. Have you ever had the hiccups scared out of you? I have. Once, we were staying at a cabin, and I was sharing a room with my sister and great-grandmother. I could not stop my hiccups and was disturbing everyone trying to sleep. My great-grandmother asked me in a very even tone if I'd seen the $20 dollar bill that was in her purse. I could not believe she would even think I'd have taken it! I was really sad and scared. I told her "no ma'am". She then proceeded with "but you don't have the hiccups anymore do you?" It had worked!


No comments: