Saturday, March 3, 2007

Did Know That Beauty is Only Skin Deep?

Did you know there is a real fashion company that knows this as well?! Most people in every day life know and believe this old adage, but I have not heard a fashion company acknowledge it til now!

The people at Belsi know that while they can help you to look your best on the outside, true beauty is more than what folks see when they look at you. So in response to their question Belisi asks, "What's Beautiful to You?" I would like to take a few moments to share some of what is beautiful to me.

What is beautiful to me is the blue in my husband’s eyes. The light that shines from them when he is truly happy. I love to see his strong hands in gentle caresses, whether it be on my face or the loving hugs he provides my son and daughter.

Beauty is seeing my son on the floor in front of an infant car seat, cooing right back at the six-month-old who is crooning at him. It is beautiful to see this teen-aged almost-man pick up a two year old and carry him to my grandfather’s grave site, or carry his little cousin in after a hard fall on a wooden timber.

Beauty is in the laughter of my daughter; pure, innocent and fun-loving. Beauty is in the way that she cares for people, animals and the natural wonder of the earth. Beauty is in her smile.

Beauty is in family gatherings, seeing old withered hands lay upon small, smooth-skinned babies. Beauty is in reading from the Holy Book with your family, praying together, laughing together, weeping together. Beauty is in the ties that keep us ever close, even when we are far apart.

So if a fashion company, whose name means beauty , can open its eyes to see the beauty within, can’t we all?




This has been a sponsered post.

No comments: