Saturday, February 9, 2008

Did You Know My Next Big Adventure?

Did you know my next big adventure?




My husband, my son and I are all planning to do the Lone Star Sprint Triathlon . Sprint just means it is a shorter triathlon. The first leg is a .3 mile swim in the Bay. Next comes a 12 mile bike ride. The final leg is a 3 mile run. My husband has done several of these races. My son and I have done one. Four years ago. And twenty pounds lighter for me. The race we did was at the same locale, but the course was a bit different. We are really looking forward to this race. I am worried about the swim; the bay can be VERY cold. But just last weekend, a local surf shop closed its doors. We bought wet suits for cheaper than they can be rented at the race! Hopefully this will help. Now I just have to work on being able to swim that far!

2 comments:

Holly said...

This is very exciting!! Glad you got a deal on the wetsuits--sweet. When is the event? I want to do a duathalon so I can skip the swimming. :)

silken said...

ha ha! a dualathalon sounds great right now! I am a really, really poor swimmer...

the event is March 29. you still have time to train and join in w/ us!!