Sunday, February 10, 2008

Did You Know I am Trying to Learn to Swim?

Did you know I am trying to learn to swim?

This old dog has been learning some new tricks this week. Besides all that my daughter has taught me, I've enlisted a teenage friend to help me learn to swim. This young girl has been on swim team for many years and is a lifeguard. She lives around the corner from us and just joined the new YMCA. So I've asked her if she would be willing to help me "learn to swim". She agreed and has come watch me swim and given me some pointers. She said I mostly need to not panic, find a rhythm and practice!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your friend's advice is right on! When you get to the point that you're as comfortable and confident in the water as anyplace else, you'll also find that you've also become an excellent swimmer.

silken said...

sounds good! she asked me if I was afraid of the water. I never thought I was, but I do know that I have a "panicky" feeling, like I don't get enough breath. so I am working on feeling comfortable and getting a "rhythm"...I just gotta hurry to develop it! :)