Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Did You Know Girls are Using Steroids Too?

Did you know girls are using steroids too?

According to a report on Good Morning America this morning, about 5% of girls are using steroids. A young lady came on who had been using steroids for five weeks. The difference it made in her body and her emotions were enough to frighten her. She stopped using them and is now trying to help others keep from using them as well. In five weeks, she gained eight pounds, her voice deepened a great deal in pitch, and her emotions were in havoc. She became suicidal. Thankfully she has lived through this ordeal and is now brave enough to share her story. This is not just about beefy boys trying to bulk up...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's frightening! I hope some day we will be able to get away from the prevalent drug culture that has developed.

(By the way, I just tagged you for another meme if you're interested in playing. I found this one rather interesting. The info is on my latest post.)

silken said...

yes, it really scared me too. I hope that others will see her story and be able to get away. she is really bearing some scars...

I'll check it out. thanks!