Sunday, March 2, 2008

Did You Know What You Get if You Have Three Feet?

Did you know what you get if you have three feet?

My oldest nephew thinks rather differently and his mind is usually not on the subject at hand. Last week he cracked me up with some good one-liners, though only one was meant to be humorous! As we worked on his math, I was teaching him about 12"=1' and 3'=one yard. As we went over it, I asked him "if we have three feet, what do we have?" and he said, "if we had three feet, we would run awkward!" (yes, that's a direct quote, he said "awkward"!!)

Later, as we took my daughter to her piano lesson, we crossed a local creek called Clear Creek. He read the sign and said "Clear Creek. When I looked at it, it looked really dirty!"

2 comments:

Malcolm R. Campbell said...

If you hear a lot more of those quotes, maybe you need to collect them into a bestselling book.

Malcolm

silken said...

hey, yeah, then I can pass this wisdom on to your new granddaughter! :)