Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Did You Know We Saw a Flamingo in the Petting Zoo?

Did you know we saw a flamingo in the petting zoo?




I was certainly not expecting to see a flamingo in the petting zoo!! The bird was fenced off in a corner, so you really could not pet it. And some of the school kids were swatting at it, making it a little mad. But I just had to get a picture of the flamingo for all my friends who adore this bird ! This one looks like he gets plenty of shrimp (see his shrimp-y color.)



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a strange color for him! I'd not seen one that color, but it's really quite pretty!

silken said...

I've heard that flamingos get their color from eating shrimp, so I am guessing that's why this guy is so "coral" colored!

Holly said...

What on earth is a flamingo doing at the Livestock Show? Poor thing was probably traumatized by the goats, chickens, cows and other lowly farm animals. I certainly hope this coral delight was fenced off in the VIP area.

:)

Kim said...

Beautiful bird! Can't wait to see him live next Tuesday! Thanks for thinking of our obsession!!!

silken said...

I was surprised to see him too! I didn't like how the school kids were making him mad...and yes, he was fenced off, but not much of a VIP section!