Thursday, March 20, 2008

Did You Know the Best Time to Hit the Beach During Spring Break?

Did you know the best time to hit the beach during spring break?

Since my son was out of school for spring break this week, the kids thought it would be fun to head down to the beach one day. I agreed and have tried to get everything done that needed to be done. Today was the day we had planned. My son woke up not feeling well, so we put it off. Then later this afternoon we decided we would try to head out after all. But, I found that I had to get a few more things done before I could leave. We ended up not going out and reaching the beach til 6pm. When we got to the island, we were glad!

The traffic was awful! Parking along the seawall was nearly full! But we found a decent spot, parked and sat on the beach to eat. During this time, most everyone else left! It was so nice to relax and enjoy the beach with just a few folks, and after a while, we were the only ones left! We left the beach at around 8pm as it was getting good and dark. We had a great couple of hours there and I took quite a few pictures to share:







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are nice photos! I remember scenes from beaches on both coasts and your photos bring back those memories. I even spent one afternoon at the beach near Galveston. That's something I miss now, and it's nice to see it again through your pictures.

silken said...

thanks! Galveston doesn't always look so nice to some folks, but I thought these turned out nicely!