Sunday, March 2, 2008

Did You Know How to Make a No-Sew Fleece Blanket?

Did you know how to make a no sew fleece blanket?



My niece taught me how to make these, and we have made quite a few over the last several years. We are in the process of making one for our Granny, who wants a blanket to take to dialysis treatments every week. These are super easy and I love that there is no sewing involved.



This project is unfinished, because at her 80th birthday party next week, we will ask all of her friends to tie one knot of the blanket, and as they do, to please say a special prayer for Granny. Then, when she uses her blanket at her treatments, she will know that she is literally being "covered in prayer".


Steps to make the blanket:





First, we bought two pieces of fleece 1 1/2 yards long (you can obviously get less if you want a smaller blanket) Next, I washed and dried them. Then we laid them one on top of the other. I trimmed the edges to be pretty close to the same length, but I don't worry about it being exact.



Next I measure in the corners 5" from either side.





























I use quilting tape to mark it. Then I run a piece of tape from corner to corner. I cut off the corners and fringe each edge.








Last, double tie each pair of fringes together.







No comments: