Sunday, March 9, 2008

Did You Know Outback No Longer Serves Baked Sweet Potatoes?

Did you know Outback no longer serves baked sweet potatoes?

After our family outing last night, we decided to eat at Outback, as we had received some gift cards for Christmas. We usually enjoy our meals at Outback, and I was set on a medium Outback Special with a baked sweet potato. We were tired and hungry and ready to order when we got seated. I was disappointed to learn they no longer serve baked sweet potatoes. They do serve mashed sweet potatoes. I tried to order mine without butter, but the waiter said they were all ready and pre-made earlier in the day, so they were already mashed with butter. I put in a request that they go back to serving the baked sweet potato. I refrained from asking him to just bring me one of the ones they baked before they mashed it (that's what he said they did) but just dropped it and ate steamed veggies instead. Just not the same...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's disappointing when a restaurant does that. I know how you feel. You often go to a place that you have liked before with exactly what you want in mind. They don't help themselves that way.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Bummer -- I love the baked sweet potatoes and like you, I get them plain. My hubby like them with butter plus sugar & cinnamon... WAY too sweet!

silken said...

it was a huge bummer!! I love the baked sweet potatoes and if not for the gift cards, I'd just as soon go spend the money to buy some good steaks to grill myself and some sweet potatoes to bake myself! that way I know what goes in/on it, and I can fix it just the way we like it!!