Saturday, June 16, 2007

Did You Know You Might Have to Pay to Have It Your Way?

Did you know you might have to pay to "have it your way"?

When I was a kid, I remember Burger King had the advertising slogan "Have It Your Way". As an adult consumer, I now realize just how important that is. Recently, I have noticed that I sometimes have to pay small fees to "have it my way". Many of these fees seem so senseless to me. For example, last night, I ordered a thin crust pizza from a local pizzaria (not a chain.) I got charged .25 for thin crust. Huh? I got charged for less crust?? A couple months ago, I took my son to an out of town basketball tournament. After one of the games, he wanted a milk shake. We stopped at Sonic and he ordered a chocolate milk shake. We were charged .25 for chocolate! It is a chocolate milkshake for crying out loud!

I am sure there are countless other examples. Many times I do not even notice these small fees. But I am going to start being on the look out now!

No comments: