Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Did You Know The Average Child Will Lose One Month of Learning Over the Summer?

Did you know the average child will lose one month of learning over the summer?

As a homeschooling mother, this has been a concern of mine for the last four years or so. When my kids were small, I didn't mind taking a summer break from school work. It allowed them to have time to play with their friends who went to public school. As my kids got older and moved toward the junior high years, I could see a learning deficit develop over the summer months. When my son got to jr. high, I really hated to take a summer break, because it meant too much time reviewing math come fall. But at this point, he was involved in youth group, which provided many activities during the summer months. I've really been torn by how to help prevent this "loss of learning" over the summer.

One answer is Summer Camps provided by places like Score Educational Center. They provide learning camps which will help to keep the children on track with their learning. This could be especially important for Texas school children this year, as they will have almost one extra month of summer vacation.




Thank you for reading this sponsered post.

No comments: