Saturday, June 2, 2007

Did You Know About Joe Scruggs?

Did you know about Joe Scruggs ?

Joe is a songwriter and singer of children's music. I first heard Joe when I was around junior high age-my sister(ten years younger) was listening to Joe at the time. He is fun! He really has a way to connect to kids with his music. I love "Oh, By The Way", "Old MacDonald" and many others. When we had kids of our own, we were sure to invest in some Joe Scruggs tapes. We were even blessed to have Joe come to our town to perform live!

I have just recommended Joe Scruggs to my friend, who has twins. I just checked out Scruggs' website. I see there is a new release called "Church Songs". It looks to be as fun and heart warming as the rest of his work.

2 comments:

Lacie said...

Hey- that sound like a person I need to check out! Have you told me about him before?

silken said...

oh, yes, you need to check this one out. I probably have not mentioned it...just got to thinking of it again lately. your guys will most likely love his folksy singing and silliness too! we still laugh about some of the songs we listened to so often