Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Did You Know About 1408?

Did you know about the 1408 Movie?

1408 is a new movie based on the short Stephen King thriller. This movie stars John Cusack as the cynical author Mike Enslin. This horror author only believes what he can see with his own two eyes. Enslin apparantly has a series of articles that denounce hauntings and supernatural events that occur in haunted houses and graveyards around the world. In fact, he scoffs at the thought of an afterlife.

If I were to meet the character of Mike Enslin, I'd have to share with him my story. Of course I've always believed in the afterlife and that there are things out there we cannot see nor understand. But one particular incident really freaked out my sis and I when we were teens.

We were spending some time at my Granny's house. We came across a Ouija board. We did not know what it was; we'd never even seen one. So we got it out, looked it over and decided to "play" with it. We asked many standard teen girl questions-what about this guy, etc...We each decided that the other was moving it around and we wanted to really "test" it. We noticed a picture on the wall of a lion. We decided on the question and the answer so that we could prove if one or the other of us was moving it to get the answer she wanted. Our test question would be "Who is the King of beasts" and the answer would be "lion". So we positioned the board just so, posed the question and both freaked out when the board answered us with "God"! I've known since then that there are some things we just shouldn't mess with-we cannot understand them and they may be more powerful than we give them credit for!

So if I were to talk to Mike Enslin in the 1408 Movie, I'd tell him that before he checks into room 1408 of the Dolphin Hotel, he'd better think twice of his cynicism toward those supernatural occurances!












Thank you for reading this sponsered post.

No comments: