Saturday, December 6, 2008

Did You Know Why We Haven't Dropped Comcast?

Did you know why we haven't dropped Comcast?

We have actually tried! If you read the last post, you will see why we are so frustrated and want to drop the Comcast service. We cannot keep an internet connection. This has been going on since the beginning of September!

I guess it was in October when I told my husband I wanted to try AT&T. He talked to them, since that is who our cell phones are with. He was told that their internet service is not available everywhere. And in the town we live, there has been a deal made with Verizon, so AT&T won't be coming in here!

So we kept waiting, being assured time and again that Comcast had us "fixed up for good". Yesterday my husband talked to Verizon. He was told that the speed for the regular package was "1" and the upgrade was "3". Comcast is "4", so not too different. But when my husband looked at the info online, he found that that the speed on the upgrade was only 1.5. That's a big difference so he called back to confirm. Well, the "3" is "in general" but the speed really depends on how far away you live. He told them that is false advertisement and we are not interested.

So, we are still waiting on Comcast to resolve the issue. They have been responsive, it's just that they don't know what's wrong and cannot get it fixed. At least they have not charged us in all this time...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These folks either have us over a barrel or they think they do. At least Comcast works with you on the billing. We had cell phones with Verizon for a couple of years and found them to be a lousy, miserable, rotten company to do business with and no matter what trouble we had with their service, we always had to pay full price. That contract is over, the phones are at the bottom of a re-cycling bin but my dislike for Verizon will remain strong for years.

It's pretty sad, but what would we do without internet these days?

ComcastCares1 said...

Please allow me to look into this for you. I would really like for you to have consistent connection. Please let me know the phone number linked to your account so that I can check.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

silken said...

I have been amazed at how much of our life is now tied to the internet. and my son has to vie for time at a library computer or go to a friend's house to do school work.

silken said...

hey, I will drop you an email, Comcast! Thank you! A technician came by again yesterday. No one seems to know the answer to this, but we would love for you to look into it! Thanks again!