Thursday, December 18, 2008

Did You Know I am Still Trying to Figure Out My Running Pattern?

Did you know I am still trying to figure out my running pattern?

Because I don't have a lot of time before my half marathon, I am still trying to figure out my running pattern. Some of my running friends told me to go with a five minute run/one minute walk plan. When I began to implement this on my six, seven and eight mile runs, I felt like it was too much starting and stopping. I tried a ten minute run/one minute walk and it was ok. But when I did that on my eight mile run, my legs got tight. So on my 9.5 mile runs this week I have tried both the 5:1 plan and today tried something new. I ran for three to 3.5 miles then walked for one minute. My legs were pretty tired and it really wasn't any less time than doing the 5:1 run/walk. So I guess I might as well stick with that and not be as tired. All I know is that for now, with all this running, I won't be taking a diet pill even though I am eating a lot more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you continue to train, You will probably find out that your endurance improves and you can stretch out the run/walk times.

With all the training, I bet you've started feeling better in general too, right?

silken said...

mostly just tired and hungry!! :)

actually I have been having late nights on top of it and been around a lot of sick people, so I have not been feeling good the last couple of days. but I hope that all this training is going to pay off! :)