Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Did You Know Dr. Seuss was a WW II Political Cartoonist?

Did you know Dr. Seuss was a WWII political cartoonist?

I don't remember ever hearing this before. I got an email about some current exhibits at the Holocaust Museum Houston. One is the work of Dr. Seuss during the war years and the political cartoons he drew for the New York newspaper PM. He focused on the issues America needed to address at the time and how individuals could become aware and involved. He worked to inspire people to care about the fate of human beings. Theodor Seuss Geisel's exhibit runs through July 5, 2009. The exhibit is based on the book "Dr. Seuss Goes to War" by historian Richard H. Minear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another interesting thing I did not know! It pays to read your blog!

silken said...

ha ha! well, I thought it was interesting! I think I put a link on madameblogalot to some of his cartoons...