Saturday, December 27, 2008

Did You Know About The Day the Earth Stood Still?

Did you know about The Day The Earth Stood Still?

We went to see this movie for my birthday this week. We did take both our kids. The movie was pretty good. We all enjoyed it though my 12 year old daughter thought it was a little scary and pretty weird. There were some weird parts but it was pretty good. My cousin said that he has asked several folks about it. In his "surveying" he has found that everyone who has seen the original movie did not like this one and that those who had not seen the original (like us) like the new movie.

I would say that it is a pretty clean movie. The violence was not over the top but the theme of the end of the world is pretty intense for some kids. I think the PG 13 rating is appropriate. My daughter found it more weird than scary, though during the movie was a little unsure.

2 comments:

EroticPanther75 said...

Wow! I can't wait to see the new version. Me and my boyfriend watched the older version just a couple of weeks ago on tv. From the previews it looked more intense and this is why I want to see it so bad.

silken said...

I hope you enjoy it! I have not seen the older version and wish I'd known it was on tv! thanks for stopping by!