Friday, December 12, 2008

Did You Know What We Saw in the Sky Yesterday?

Did you know what we saw in the sky yesterday?

No, not a bird, and not superman. Yes, it was a plane but it was a special plane!

We were on the way home from my daughter's play yesterday. She said "What is that supposed to be?" then "OH MY GOODNESS!" I glanced over and at first could not make it out either. Then I looked again and was so surprised to see the space shuttle being carried piggy back by the plane!!

We immediately pulled over and turned around to try to get pictures but we could not. We even headed out towards Johnson Space Center to get another look, but we could no longer see the shuttle and plane, so knew we would be too late by the time we got there.

I knew the shuttle was being carried back to Florida from El Paso that day but it was so cool to see it as it made a courtesy fly by at Johnson Space Center!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool sight that was! I would have loved to see that!

silken said...

oh it was so COOL! I sure wish I could have gotten a photo! I did get some cool photos I hope to post if I can keep a connection here for a few minutes!