Saturday, July 28, 2007

Did You Know Galveston Could Look so Nice?

Did you know Galveston could look so nice?

We left on our cruise last week from the port of Galveston. If you are from around here, or have ever visited, you know that the Port of Galveston may not be the nicest around. You can see why we were so taken with the blue of the ocean as we got away from Galveston. But this snapshot on our way out of the port turned out rather nice. My mom was surprised at how nice Galveston looked from this perspective.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can sure see the difference in the water! I visited Galveston in the late 70's and I'm sure it has changed a whole lot. I seem to remember long wide beaches then.

silken said...

well, this is just the port, and not really a beach area. there are still beach areas on the other side of the island.

the difference in the water is HUGE! many people won't swim in the water when they visit here, since they are not used to brown water!