Monday, July 23, 2007

Did You Know About Chankanaab?

Did you know about Chankanaab?

This National Park in Cozumel, Mexico is where I spent my 20th anniversary! We took a cruise ship over to Cozumel and then a cab over to Chankanaab. The setting was like stepping into a postcard. We went to the beach area first, while others from our cruise ship took ship sponsored excursions or went to do shopping first. This meant that the beach was far less crowded than it became in the afternoon. Despite a bit of clouds and a little rain that passed on by, we spent the morning snorkeling in the
turquoise blue waters. We saw many fish and coral, but my favorite sight of the day was the "nest" of HUGE starfish-there must have been hundreds! And I could not get over how big they were.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place! I love the color of the water! Many years ago I did a lot of skin diving and I can imagine how nice that must have been in that setting!

silken said...

the color of the water, we just could not get over it. It REALLY looks like that! and the star fish on the bottom were absolutely amazing to me. I really wish I'd had an underwater camera...