Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Did You Know What Happened on December 23?

Did you know what happened on December 23?

I was born that day, nearly 40 years ago! I was tagged by the ranting redhead to play along in this birthday meme . It looks like fun, so I thought I'd join in! It's fun and simple to play along.

Here's how this meme works:

Go to the Wikipedia site and type in your birthdate

List 3 events that happened on your birthday

List 2 other birthdays that you share

And finally, list 1 holiday that falls on your birthday

I'll continue with the rules after I add all this information.

Events:

1. 1823 - The poem A Visit From St. Nicholas (AKA The Night Before Christmas) is published in the Sentinel.

2. 1888 - Vincent van Gogh cuts off the lower part of his left ear, takes it to a brothel, and gives it to a prostitute named Rachel.

3. 1954 - The first human kidney transplant is performed by Dr. Joseph E. Murray at Peter Bent Brigham Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts.

I share this birth date with:

1. 245- Zenobia, Queen of Palmyra

2. 1976 - Brad Lidge, American baseball player (woohoo, go Brad!)

Holiday:

1. Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes (it was a tough call between this one and Festivus- A holiday made popular by the sitcom Seinfeld. A festivus for the rest of us.)






Ok, now for the rest of the rules.

There are 5 slots listed below of those who have been tagged. You need to remove the first one and bump the others up one space, listing your name at the end of the list.

Mariuca / Mike / Danielle / Christine/ Silken

And finally, I must tag 5 friends to send this to. I know some of you may be getting tired of these meme's, so if you don't want to play, no worries. Just watch out for what might happen to you on your birthday if you don't.... ;) (J/K)

Marathon Bird / Lacie / High Fidelity / Jameo / Erroll Le Vant




2 comments:

sapheyerblu said...

So come this December, so we say
"Happy Christmas" or "Merry Birthday"? LOL

This was awesome.

silken said...

ugh...how about Merry Birthday...I used to hate it when I was young. now, though, it really isn't so bad. My husband is usually able to get some time off, no school, so we can enjoy being together on my birthday. we have had some nice ones the last few years.

thanks!