Friday, September 7, 2007

Did You Know How to Make a Basketball Cake?

Did you know how to make a basketball cake?

Today my son told me that he (unofficially) made the freshman A basketball team at his new high school. He is very happy to see all his hard work and effort paying off. To celebrate, my daughter and I made him a basketball cake. It is super simple.



Make a round cake. (I used a Pampered Chef round stone baker-lined with wax paper to make removal easy.) Choose your favorite icing. I made a simple butter frosting from the Betty Crocker cook book (it is so good). Tint it orange (mine could have been more "orange".) Then use chocolate chips to make the lines on the basketball.

3 comments:

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

The chocolate chips are a great idea! How very cool! Thanks for coming by Rosehaven Cottage. ~~Cindy

Anonymous said...

That cake is almost better than a hard trophy! Congratulations to your son!

silken said...

we thought it was a good idea too! and it turned out so delicious!

I think he thought it was better than a trophy too! he was pleased when he walked in and saw it!
thanks!