Sunday, September 23, 2007

Did You Know About Using a Left Handed Mouse?

Did you know about using a left handed mouse?

My sister in law is left handed and has mentioned before how difficult it is to do certain things which were designed by right handers, for right handers. For example, driving. The gear shift is on the right side.

I thought of this again recently as I began homeschooling my youngest nephew, who prefers his left hand. As he works on the computer, it is difficult for him to use the mouse comfortably, since it is designed for right handed use. I began looking for a left handed mouse. I did find some online, but I was hoping that I could find one fairly cheap. I went to Wal Mart to see if they had one. They guy who helped me said no, he had never even heard of them, and he is left handed! He has learned to use the mouse with his right hand and that is what he does now. I wonder if it would be helpful for my nephew to use a left handed mouse or go ahead and learn to become comfortable with the right handed one...

No comments: