Monday, March 30, 2009

Did You Know A Small Way to Make Your Voice Heard?

Did you know a small way to make your voice heard?

I had asked Montucky the other day, and a few times before, what we can do to make our voice heard about issues that we care about? I became aware of a few opportunities to do something, small though it may be. I hope that when joined with others, at least it will make some kind of noise to be heard...

I know not everyone stands on the same side of issues as I do. I may be in the minority, but I still feel it's important to say what I believe and to stand for it in ways that I can. This week is providing two such opportunities.

Tuesday, March 31, has been dubbed "Red Envelope Day." This is to take a stand against the abortion laws that the government has been repealing. Here is my envelope (front and back), which will go in the mail tomorrow.





Then on Wednesday, April 1, those who want to speak out against the stimulus plans, the overtaxing, the over-borrowing, the overspending, there is a New TEA Party brewing. On April 1, all who are so inclined are asked to send a tea bag to Washington to express our "dissatisfaction" over these issues. Then, on April 15, there will be protest rallies across the nation to express the same ideas.






If you stand against these things, these are some ways you can take part as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything like that helps! It gets a specific message across and maybe even more important it lets folks know that the "silent majority" is starting to become vocal and active!

I sent out three emails through CCAGW. Thanks for that reference!

silken said...

my husband was trying to be so helpful...he already put the envelopes in the mail! guess I am ahead of schedule!!

I have sent some emails from that website and a few others not on that website this week. I feel like I may not be heard, but at least one of my senators responds (with a form email, but hey, it shows that at least my email got through!)

glad to share it!!