Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Did You Know About Mike's Pastry?

Did you know about Mike's Pastry?

Getting back to our trip to Boston, my husband (who had been there a week before us) could not wait to bring us to Mike's Pastry. It is a busy, busy pastry shop. It made me feel like I was in a Seinfeld episode, I even saw the black and white cookies! My husband had fallen in love with the cannolis; something about "The Godfather" made him want to try it. So on Monday evening of our trip, we went to Quincy Market to eat hamburgers and Boston baked beans (pretty good, made with molasses) and then walked over to Mike's. That first night (and every night) my husband had a plain cannoli. My son ordered a chocolate cannoli and daughter ordered a Boston cream puff. I can't remember what I ordered, maybe biscotti. At any rate, the plain cannoli and the cream puff ended up being the favorites. The chocolate cannoli just wasn't as good. We went to Mike's every night after that. My husband's order was the same. The kids and I tried some other things: yellow cream cannoli (they both loved this), Boston Cream Pie, Whoopie Pie, and I liked the lobster tail cream puff.

Mikes' has also expanded online . Now you can have the famous cannolis shipped to you at home! I figure we will do that for my husband's birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's pretty cool when you find a place like that where you want to return often!

silken said...

well, if we lived nearby we certainly could not go that often. we were surprised at how very busy they stayed! and I really will try to order the cannolis for my husband's birthday! :)