Monday, March 23, 2009

Did You Know About Legal's Seafood?

Did you know about Legal's Seafood?

This seafood chain is well known in Boston. In fact, our friends who now live down here transplanted from Boston, recommended Legal's to us. His mom even had lobsters from Legal's shipped to him for Christmas! Of course, then we had to give it a try.

We were a little adventurous and were not overly disappointed. First though, we did not realize it was more "upscale" than we were prepared for, which also translates to "expensive"! But we were ready to splurge. So we ordered a bowl of clam chowder and a bowl of lobster bisque to share. The chowder was really good but I found the bisque too "lobster-y" and the kids did not really care for it either.





As for the adventurous part, my husband ordered the lobster platter, my daughter crab-stuffed shrimp (anything new is adventurous for her!) and I ordered steamers-a bucket of steamed clams.











Everything tasted pretty good. The clams got to me about half way through the bucket. A little too slimy and messy. The shrimp was pretty good. And the lobster was good too. But out of everything, I preferred the plain old clam chowder!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should be in marketing. Those photos of the food made me want seafood! I do miss having a restaurant like that close!

silken said...

I guess blogging is like marketing. the chowder was GOOD!

Anonymous said...

I just remembered, one of my favorite restaurants when I lived in Denver was "The Boston Half Shell".

silken said...

ha ha! could you get good seafood in Denver? or was it shipped in from Boston?

agen sbobet said...

As Immigration law is complicated and evolving, our immigration lawyers in Chicago pledge to counsel and represent you every step of the way, providing superior services, innovative solutions, and accessibility through the sophisticated immigration laws.
Chicago immigration attorney

Big show said...

This blog is truly awesome in all aspects.www.advancedimmigrationlawgroup.net