Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Did You Know How Hard It Is to Get Kids To Take Care of Themselves?

Did you know how hard it is to get kids to take care of themselves?

It seems that by the time kids are teens, they would be pretty adept at taking care of themselves. I mean, for the most part, I guess they are. But in some areas, I find it can be a challenge. For example, it's harder to get them to bed now than when they were small. Getting them to eat right has been an ongoing struggle, though at times it's better than others. At least my son is old enough to appreciate the benefits of good daily hygiene. At twelve, my daughter is still not enamored. Don't get me wrong, she bathes and brushes her teeth. But washing her face is not important to her-yet. We have told her time and again about washing her face. I have bought many products to help make it easier for her (no, I have not mentioned microdermabrasion, but I did buy her a little battery powered face scrubber!) My son said when she is his age, she will know how important it is. So, until then, I guess I have to keep reminding her to wash her face daily!

No comments: