Saturday, January 16, 2010

Did You Know How to Make Rice Porridge?

Did you know how to make rice porridge?

After being sick earlier this week, I still have not regained an appetite. But after being in bed for two days I was ready to try to work out this morning. Which meant I really need to eat today. My mom tried suggesting a couple of things and then reminded me about rice porridge. That sounded good. So I called my friend who grew up in Singapore. She told me basically add lots of water and keep stirring the rice.

I used chicken broth to start. I added 1 scoop of rice and 2 1/2 scoops of broth. After about 10 or 15 minutes I could see this would not be enough liquid. So I just began added more broth or water as it cooked away. My friend told me to add some carrots, which I did along with a bit of spinach. I still was not up to adding chicken, which would be good too. The porridge was ready in about 40-45 minutes. Now I am ready to eat!

No comments: