Thursday, October 16, 2008

Did You Know We Finally Got Our Internet Fixed?

Did you know we finally got our internet fixed?

I know, I may be jinxing myself by saying that! We heard that about a week ago, a debris truck had clipped the cable line on one of the streets causing an outage of all cable services. This lasted several days, but then Comcast seemingly thought all was working again (even though several of us kept calling!) Apparently, one side of the street had been fixed but the other side still wasn't working. When a tech came out to my neighbor's house, he walked up and down the street and finally found that the line had been pulled away from the pole behind someone's house. He called some helpers and they had it fixed by that evening! Now all seems to be working fine and we didn't have to switch carriers, buy memory, or upgrade our computer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally! You must have had pretty severe "internet withdrawal"! I know I would have!

silken said...

oh yeah! I did go to my dad's some, so that helped. what was harder was the kids not being able to get on for school assignments....but thankfully between dad and the library we made it!