Thursday, October 23, 2008

Did You Know How Wedding Rings Reflect a Relationship?

Did you know how wedding rings reflect a relationship?

In many marriage ceremonies, you will hear the minister talk about the ring being a symbol of never ending love. I like this analogy and believe in it too. But my engagement and wedding ring really reflect the true relationship of my marriage.

My rings are no longer exactly round in shape. After wearing them for over twenty years, they are a little bent and the engagement ring and wedding band are not even shaped the same as each other anymore! I think this represents the real relationship in which we live. Our marriages do indeed go through changes, they even take a few beatings. But like the rings, they can remain in tact. They can still represent the idea of unending love and devotion, through both the good and the bad times. When I see my rings, it gives me a new idea of how wedding and engagement rings really do reflect the true nature of a relationship that lasts "til death do us part".

1 comment:

Janice Lois said...

Wedding ring is absolutely reflect the true relationship