Monday, October 20, 2008

Did You Know How to Get Your Own Domain?

Did you know how to get your own domain?

This past year, my sister and I have talked about getting our own web sites to host a blog. We love having blogs on free hosted sites, but we have thought that it would be even better to have a blog on our own domain. For folks like me who are not too internet savvy yet, this can seem like a daunting endeavor. Fortunately, I have some cyber-friends who have made this easier. There are also web hosting information sites that can provide a lot of good information. It is important to do some homework before jumping into hosting your own site.

A web hosting blog like Web Hosting Geeks has can be a one-stop wealth of information. I like how the daily blog provides information on current events and how they relate to the internet, as well as providing tips on getting your own domain and the potential web hosting sites available. One of the first reads would be "What kind of hosting do you need?" I also like the post "Three Web Hosting Mistakes to Avoid."

We have since gotten our own domains. It is pretty cool having a blog with its own domain name! I think if anyone is interested in it, it’s a good thing. And getting the information you need before you take the plunge is easier than ever.

No comments: