Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Did You Know Today is the First Day It's Rained in Three Weeks?

Did you know today is the first day it's rained in three weeks?

That means it has not rained since the day after Hurricane Ike struck land. This is significant for many people in the area; a real blessing in some ways. It has meant that clean up has been made a little easier without the rain. Some folks, like one of our neighbors, have even been able to get their new roof on in time before the rain came again.

I just found today on my camera some photos my son had taken the day after the storm moved out. We had no real damage in our area, thankfully.




Mostly, branches down,







a few trees down (thankfully not on any houses),



lots of fencing down








and many folks lost a lot of shingles.





My son did lose his prized possession-a basketball goal.





Our neighborhood has also been blessed by the clean up crews having passed through already. I wish I'd have taken a picture of the street lined up with debris, but I never did. As for many folks just south and east of us, the clean up is still going on...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting photos! You were indeed fortunate to escape with so little damage!

silken said...

we really were! and I am so happy our neighbor had his roof finished before today's rain.

we have heard that there are families in Seabrook living in their yards in tents til they can get things cleaned up....