Sunday, October 12, 2008

Did You Know About Our Hurricane Relief Dinner?

Did you know about our hurricane relief dinner?

It has been one month since hurricane Ike blew ashore. Today our church provided lunch to some folks in one of the hardest hit areas outside Galveston. We took spaghetti, bread and cookies to hand out to those who are still cleaning up their homes. I chose to make some of my favorite cookie recipes like snickerdoodles and sugar cookies. I figured if I had been living off of handed out food for a month, I'd want some homemade cookies. Our lunch went over really well, with plenty of food left over to share with a woman's shelter, some relief workers, as well as church members!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a good thing to do, both for the lunch and the demonstration of support and community.

silken said...

yeah, it was good! it is always a good feeling to know that we are helping to make a difference for someone....