Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Did You Know About Fractal Geometry?

Did you know about fractal geometry?

I watched a very interesting show on it today. I first heard about fractals about four years ago. They fascinated me then and today's program really intrigued me again. Fractals are all about self-similarity in design. Seeing fractals in nature in objects from broccoli and trees to coast lines and the human systems is fascinating. The scientists in the show talk about "evolution hitting upon a design that works". But to me, fractals really point to a Creator. I mean, how can you have a design without a designer? And the fractals are such simple patterns. They look intricate upon first sight, but when looked at closely, you can see how the same design is just repeated upon itself multiple times. It is a very interesting new math/science/art that I hope will be taught more in our schools.

No comments: