Thursday, October 23, 2008

Did You Know I Swam With the Coast Guard Today?

Did you know I swam with the Coast Guard today?

Well, ok, it was actually Coast Guard trainees undergoing a PT test.

As I swam my laps at 24 Hour Fitness this morning, a whole group of guys came in. There were maybe ten in all. I was kind of surprised and knew they had to be some kind of class or group training or something. There is just not that much room in the pool.

They began to pair up in the lanes (thankfully the instructor left me a whole lane to myself!) They were having to do certain timed swimming. I don't know what all was required but I do know it had to be done in a certain time limit.

When I was done I got into the hot tub for a few minutes. I asked one of the guys what they were doing and he told me they were there taking there PT test for the Coast Guard!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a pretty cool experience, wasn't it? I imagine that passing a swimming test for the CG has a certain urgency about it.

silken said...

it was a weird feeling for me! I was just really glad he did not take me up on offering to share my lane and let me have it all to myself!! :)

I felt kind of bad for the last guy in the pool. I'm not sure he passed....