Friday, November 23, 2007

Did You Know A Quick and Easy Detox?

Did you know a quick and easy way to detox after binge eating?

Well, maybe not everyone ate a lot of food yesterday, but this quick little mini-detox is good for anytime you feel bloated from overeating. I actually practice this little "ritual" every morning.

Each morning I drink one cup of hot water with the juice of one-half a lemon in it. It is quick and easy, warming, and aids in digestion and cleansing of the liver. I have even read that back in the Civil War, Stonewall Jackson practiced drinking lemon water to help with his digestive problems.

2 comments:

Holly said...

The hot lemon water causes flashbacks to the Fat Flush Plan--ha! I didn't realize it went back to the Civil War, interesting. Have you heard of the Master Cleanse program? I'm not brave enough yet, but might try it someday.

silken said...

never tried Master Cleanse. Yes, the hot lemon water is from the Fat Flush and I still do it (almost) every day. It really does make me feel better and I miss it when I forget it. It is just a great little jump start to eating right-something simple and easy and good for you!