Thursday, November 29, 2007

Did You Know How to Make A Simple Christmas Candle Craft?

Did you know how to make a simple Christmas candle craft?




I was looking for easy and quick Christmas projects to work on with my nephews. I came across an idea similar to this one. I revamped it a bit to fit what we had and it turned out nice and was quick and easy. These were super easy for my six and seven year old nephews to put together. We started with a fat round candle. Then they placed a large rubber band around it. In between the rubber band and the candle, they slid in mini candy canes (individually wrapped). Last, we covered the rubber band with holographic tape. It made a super cute decoration and is quick and easy to put together. You could vary the look by using different colored candles, using peppermint sticks or other candies, or cinnamon sticks. If you can't find the holographic tape ( I just happened upon it!) using a variety of ribbons will help vary the looks of the candles. These would make great teacher gifts!



No comments: