Monday, May 26, 2008

Did You Know About the Softball Player Who Was Carried to Victory?

Did you know about the softball player who was carried to victory?

I just heard today about the softball player who was carried to victory...by the opposing team ! Today, my dad and my grandpa told me about the Western Oregon player who tore her ACL rounding first base after hitting her first home run. Because she would have been called "out" if her own team mates helped her, it was up to someone else to reach out to her.

Playing for Washington, another couple of players who could put themselves in another person's shoes, carried the hurt player around the bases, essentially helping their own team claim a defeat.
How's that for good sportsmanship!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the local TV stations carried that story. Very touching and excellent sportsmanship! The so-called "pros" could learn a lot from that!

silken said...

I thought it was a great story and it was good to hear my dad and grandpa telling about it!