Friday, May 2, 2008

Did You Know About our Day in Epcot: Future World?

Did you know about our day in Epcot: Future World?



We spent last Tuesday in Disney's Epcot. Epcot stands for Experiemental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. There is much to see and do in Epcot and we were concerned about getting a "late start". The day was warm and the park was very crowded. As the line into Spaceship Earth was rather long, we decided to skip it. Although there is a new sponsor inside, my husband remembered it as being boring before and did not want to go through the wait for it. We headed first to the attraction he most wanted to visit: Mission Space.



This is a simulator mission to Mars. My daughter and I were a little unsure about it all. It was set up with two lines, one with intense training and one with mild training. We decided to go ahead and experience the intense training. We were separated into teams (our family was together) and put into simulators. We watched a movie and felt as if we were being blasted into space!! Each of us had different assignments and had to push the proper buttons at the proper time. The ride was a fun one and we all enjoyed it.

We moved on to some other attractions in Future World. I do not remember the exact order that we took in the attractions. Some we got fast passes for and came back to. This included Test Track and the new Soarin'. We found that these were probably the best attractions to get the passes for, as the wait times grew long very quickly. We got our fast pass for Soarin' at noon and it was not good until 7:30 pm and the passes were all distributed by 1:00. Right now it seems fast passes are a "must" for Soarin'.

We took in Test Track and had a great time on this ride. My son enjoyed the ride, but he really loved seeing the cars on display at the end of the ride.




We enjoyed the new Nemo attraction. The props were all great. I read that you can even do a dive here!



The Honey I Shrunk the Audience is the thing I least looked forward to. I HATE this show! But I wanted to do everything together, so I went in and covered my eyes on the things I did not want to see. The guy next to me laughed to see my feet in my chair. I planned it that way since I knew what was coming!!

We found the attraction Journey into the Imagination. My husband and I really enjoyed it. The kids thought it was for little kids. But it was a good one. The Kodak gallery inside was not as good as we had found it on a previous trip. It was a fun place to play around for a bit while waiting, but it did not have the photo maker and emailer that we had used before. The innovations pavilions were also disappointing to us. Last time they were filled with all kinds of cool games and things that the kids really loved. This time there were a few games, Wii among them (is that really an upcoming innovation these days?) My daughter and I did get in on a "game show" which we won our segment of! We did go back and ride Mission Space another time. This second ride, though hours later, made both my daughter and I feel queasy. I had to sit and relax with a Sprite.

We did notice that there is now a character greet spot in Future World. This makes the littler kids a bit more happy. The Soarin' ride was a fun one for us all. (well, my husband was a bit disapponted.) You sit in a seat and are raised up off the floor. You watch a film and feel as if you are soaring over California. You take in sites of Yosemite, The Golden Gate, and many others. You end in Disneyland for a firework show! This was a big hit with people of all ages. It was fun but I would not want to wait 110 minutes for it (that is how long the line was!)

This was the Flower and Garden Festival and the flowers and topiaries throughout the park were really nice!





Our time in Epcot's Future World was filled with fun for the whole family.

No comments: