Friday, April 11, 2008

Did You Know About the "Spirit of American Statesmanship"?

Did you know about the "Spirit of American Statesmanship"?

A couple of weeks ago as we left town, something caught my eye just as we were leaving downtown Houston and heading onto I10. It was a large white monument that reminded me of Mt. Rushmore. I was not sure really what this was, so I wanted to be sure to get a look and a photo as we came back through town on our way home.

Returning home, I had my camera ready and sure enough, there was something Mt. Rushmore-like on the side of the road! I only had the chance for one shot, but it turned out not too bad.



I came home to find out just what this statue is. My husband said he had seen it on news . It is basically an artist's tribute to the historical leadership of great American and Texan men. The statue includes over sized busts of Washington, Lincoln, Houston and Austin. I must say that it definitely is an eye-catcher!


No comments: