Sunday, April 27, 2008

Did You Know About Hollywood Studios--Part 1?

Did you know about Hollywood Studios?

The next part of our big adventure was over to Hollywood Studios, formerly called MGM Studios. Both the kids were looking forward to this park and my son seemed to really remember it well. There was so much we wanted to do there, and for resort guests, the park stayed open til 1am! The first thing we did was head over to the Hollywood Hotel Tower of Terror.



We grabbed a fast pass and headed over to ride Rock N Roller Coaster while we waited. The line was very long at the roller coaster, so we thought we would wait til the time specified so we could get another fast pass for the roller coaster. While we were trying to decide how to best plan out our time, a lady gave us her three fast passes to the roller coaster. So the kids and I went through the fast pass line and my husband went on the single riders line. The kids rode together and I rode with someone else, as did my husband-who actually got on before us. We decided to use this method each time we rode it after this. Going through the single rider line cut the wait time substantially.



After these rides, and I believe the Star Tours, we really wanted to see the Indiana Jones stunt show. We did not know that fast passes were used for this show as well, and did not feel like standing in the very long "standing room only" line. We tried to get fast passes for a later show, but it just kept not working out for us, since we had a reservation to eat at the 50's Prime Time Cafe. We did get into a later showing by having my husband go early to get into the "standing room only" line. We got seats no problem, though at the time we were not sure we would. The show was really great and my son remembered quite a bit of it (from our previous trip.)




After the show, we went over to the 50's Prime Time Cafe for our reservation. My husband went to try to get fast passes for another motor stunt show. They did not give them out for that show, so we had to wait before we could check into the diner until he was back with us. The cafe was set up like a home in the 1950's would have been. There were different rooms to seat guests in, each with an old fashioned TV playing a reel of clips from 50's shows. The food here was ok. My husband had the meat loaf, my son had the chicken pot pie and a really excellent chocolate malt, my daughter had fried chicken and I had a grilled chicken sandwich. My daughter ate the drumstick and mashed potatoes, but did not want to try the greens (an unusual side dish I thought!) so our waitress, "Cousin Silvante" fed them to her "airplane style"! My husband was threatened with punishment for putting his elbows on the table and my son kept getting told to stop being a tattle tale!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That will be a very memorable trip for the kids! That alone made it well worthwhile I think.

silken said...

yes, this was their favorite park. the stunt shows were spectacular and I think they will remember them!