Sunday, April 6, 2008

Did You Know About Expelled the Movie?

Did you know about Expelled the Movie ?

I just found out about this movie today. I viewed the trailer. It seems interesting. The premise of the movie is finding out why Darwin believing scientists are shunning Intelligence believing scientists. The movie will follow Ben Stein on his journey to find out why the Darwin believing scientists are expelling the others. I don't know what he will expose, but I think it will be interesting.

Like Ben, I have often wondered why "freedom of speech" is only allowed for some people? If Christians speak out against homosexuality, it is deemed as judgmental. If homosexuals speak out against those who disagree with their lifestyle, they are seen as the oppressed having their rightful say. I don't know if this movie will come across in this manner or not. I do hope when I see this movie I hear what is being said in both camps.

When it comes to teaching science in the class, I think it should be taught, but taught as a theory. If we want our kids to think (do we?) it needs to be presented along with the other ideas that are taught. I know in my homeschool, we talked about evolution and how it really applies to life. In my son's ninth grade biology class, evolution has been a part of the course. But because the teacher does not believe in the theory of evolution as having created the world, I think we were spared the brunt of some of what could have come about.

I will be interested to find out just what Expelled the Movie has to say about this volatile issue.

No comments: